Saturday 30 May 2015

Peruvian Lily Button Hole


 Hi all.

Today I was inspired by the beautiful bouquets of flowers my friend and sister sent me for my birthday, both contained Peruvian Lillies a gorgeous flower. 


Thinking they would make delightful button holes, I set about to make one.

Lucky for me I had recently purchased Tonic Studios Punch and Stamp Set, that included... Yes you've guessed it a Peruvian Lily... Yay!

First I used my Spectrum AQUA Sunflower to create a wash on watercolour card and punched the necessary shapes to make two lillies. I then used Ranger, Tim Holtz distress ink, abandoned coral and chestnut spectrum aqua to detail petals.



The next stage was to shape petals and leaves with a ball tool and assemble onto florist wire. The wire was then wrap in florist tape light green and I added a little foliage. Finally I Taped both lillies together to finish the button hole.




No comments:

Post a Comment